IIDA New England – Best Office Design 10,000-30,000
MassMutual Financial Group
MassMutual commissioned Tecton for a high-end entry court, corporate lobby and conference suite for their Retirement Services Group. RS moved from the headquarters to a satellite campus, requiring a comprehensive overhaul of the uninspiring 1980′s corporate facility. The solution is high-class and elegant, fostering a marked improvement in global business sales.
- Large slab balustrade panels of butterflied Calacatta Marble create an elegant accent to public lobbies.
- Textured travertine and Dark American Walnut wall panels and column enclosures carry throughout two stories.
- Dyed eucalyptus veneer ceiling beams frame high performance acoustic panels.
- A eucalyptus reception desk with thin-line accents of oil rubbed bronze frame the large marble panels.
- A walnut slat ceiling that cascades down the wall, with custom designed pendant lights to define the visitor seating area.
- Large onyx panels back lit with LED sheets illuminate the lower lobby areas.
- Open stair is accentuated by a 16' high gloss slat wall that gently curves with the staircase.
- The new entry is now a sheer 28' wide curtain wall with custom designed benches of royal blue mohair fabric overlooking the bamboo garden beyond.
- Upstairs conference/dining suite is announced by a curved walnut branded entry wall.
- Screen walls of varying geometries in a running bond pattern separate the lounge space from the main hall.
- Various wood tones define special spaces; a small meeting room off the lounge, with natural wire brushed oak, provides an alternative meeting and intimate dining venue.
Campus Revitalization for